Because AOL/Compuserve is being a butt...
- They just conveniently decided LiveJournal users are using too much bandwidth by posting pictures (coincidently on the same weekend they launched their own journalling service - *SNORT).

Sooo...
This is a place for my entries with pictures until I manage to change ISPs....
Click on "Blow some bubbles" to read comments or leave one yourself. Won't you leave one to let me know you stopped by?

Thursday, September 04, 2003

Whaddacoinkydink...
....as my college roommate Mara used to say. How very odd.

First it was teapots, now it's Neil Gaiman. You're just going to have to bear with me until the obsessiveness fades.

He posted a link to a very interesting article about scientists and religion (something I may have to talk about later, but not just now) in the Guardian Unlimited, a British newspaper/website. I read the article, and digesting it, scrolled back up to the top, where I suddenly noticed the following image:

from the Guardian Unlimited UK

I gazed at it for a moment, thinking it looked awfully familiar. Then did a short search.

Sure enough, it's the Point Vicente Lighthouse. Very close to home for me - it's only a short drive around Portuguese Bend and past the old Marineland site from where I sample boats in San Pedro. I visited on one of their open house days a couple of years ago, although it was a hazy day with not nearly the view of Santa Catalina Island you can see on the website's picture.

It's just a reminder that the world is small and the internet makes it smaller. It just kind of amazed me to see a tiny picture of something close to home on a site from halfway around the world.
Blow a Bubble: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?