Because AOL/Compuserve is being a butt...
- They just conveniently decided LiveJournal users are using too much bandwidth by posting pictures (coincidently on the same weekend they launched their own journalling service - *SNORT).

Sooo...
This is a place for my entries with pictures until I manage to change ISPs....
Click on "Blow some bubbles" to read comments or leave one yourself. Won't you leave one to let me know you stopped by?

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Quake!

Hmm, I think we just had an earthquake. I just felt my chair sort of vibrating under the backs of my thighs for about 10 seconds, and then VT said, "Are we having an earthquake?" TN said he didn't feel anything, but he was going to check the CalTech website. Actually AL got there first.

Yup, it was a 4.7, epicenter 7 miles southwest of Edwards Air force Base.

Um, no...

Still the biggest one in the last week...
http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/quakes0.htm

...but it first appeared like this...
index_map0

Then changed to this....

index_map

...and now finally looks like this.

index_map2

Magnitude 5.2, south of San Clemente Island, in the sea floor. The earlier quake has disappeared off the map. I guess their directions were off at first? Actually a stronger quake, but around the same distance away from us, in the opposite direction.
Blow a Bubble: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?