Because AOL/Compuserve is being a butt...
- They just conveniently decided LiveJournal users are using too much bandwidth by posting pictures (coincidently on the same weekend they launched their own journalling service - *SNORT).

Sooo...
This is a place for my entries with pictures until I manage to change ISPs....
Click on "Blow some bubbles" to read comments or leave one yourself. Won't you leave one to let me know you stopped by?

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

As I drive home along PCH, I notice there are at least a dozen ships anchored outside the harbor entrance. I've heard the Coast Guard is getting really sticky about inspecting vessels with foreign flags, but John tells me he's heard there's also an unofficial work slowdown because the harbor is allowing non-union labor. It's not quite as bad as October of a year and half ago during the labor lockout, when at least fifty were anchored along the coast, clear down to Huntington Beach, where I live.

When we went for a walk around the block last night, we found all these tiny pebbles on the sidewalk of the street at the end of the block. I noticed that the pebbles seemed to extend for a block on either side of ours. Avalon found them fascinating and was trying pickup every single one of them, a process that could've taken hours, had she not tired of it. I'm wondering if the residents are trying to discourage skateboarders. Anyway, I picked up a half cupful, and they are the prettiest shades of white, rose, peach, tan, pink and brick red, and rounded like river pebbles. Some of them are completely translucent, looking like a cloudy lens. They range from lentil to bean size and it seems a waste to just strew them over the sidewalk.

(slightly fiddled-with image)
pebbles
Blow a Bubble: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?